Snow, Snow, Snow

What I'm listening to: KLOVE on my iTunes

So I walked to work today. That was interesting. Nearly two feet of snow and only two people bothered to scoop their sidewalks. So I spent most of the time walking in the middle of the street (not at all dangerous considering how this town is notorious for it's crazy drivers). I mean, I know Americans are stereotypically lazy, but come on. How much does it take to scoop your sidewalk? I don't know about you, but I'd rather scoop 8" twice than 19" once. But that's just me.

But I can't help it. I spent a good portion of yesterday looking out the window with a smile on my face. I love snow. The way it changes the brown landscape into the magical beauty of sparkling white wonderland. Call me a freak if you want, but snow makes me smile like nothing else. It's God's reminder that he can beautify even the most barren land. The world changes when it snows. We pull together to dig each other out. We laugh and joke about survival of the fittest. We shake our heads in wonder as the awning on a downtown furniture store collapses under the weight of this wet and heavy white beast. (Which actually did happen yesterday. Poor awning.) Children relish the day off and the chance to make snow angels and have a snowball fights while it's still daylight.

What a joy it is to have snow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dichotomy of Country Music

for what is small is not at all