Effective and Intentional

What I've listening to: My Restoration Mix

Our pastor is asking all the leaders in the church to comes to the next ministry team meeting with these two words in mind: Effective and Intentional.He's asked us to examine the effectiveness and intentionality of the ministry we lead.

All I have to say is: finally. I cannot wait to sit down and talk about this! I hope this meeting brings up some incredibly important issues that face the church today. How we tend to see "service to God" as a replacement for a "relationship with God". How sometimes we have no idea why a ministry exsists in a church, but we do it becasue it's always been done (whether or not it's effective or intentional.)

Here's my list of comments (so far) about the worship ministry:

Effective

-Worship can only be effective (I.e. honorable to God and draws us closer to him) if the content is biblical

-It’s difficult for worship to be effective for everyone because of each generation’s preference of musical style. Where does the heart come into play here?

-I struggle with this issue “If the worship in this church is not effective, how do I know it because of what we’re doing (or not doing) or because of the hearts in this congregation?” And if it’s because of the hearts, what can I do to facilitate change?


Intentional

-Worship is an intentional response to who God is and what he does

-Our ministry exists to intentionally give God the praise he deserves (“to magnify the worth of God and the redemptive work of Christ”)

-Our ministry exists to intentionally draws us closer to God

- We are intentionally quarterbacks not the coaches

-More than anything else, intentional and purposeful worship starts with the heart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dichotomy of Country Music

for what is small is not at all