Restoration (Part 2)

What I'm listening to: "Restoration" mix of the following songs:

Time-Chantal Kreviazuk
Beautiful-Bethany Dillon
The Space In Between Us -Building 429
Find Me In The River-Delirious?
Much Afraid-Jars Of Clay
Do You Dream Of Me?-Across The Sky
Close of Autumn-Caedmon's Call
Cry A River-Amy Grant
Stars-(From Les Miserables)
This Road- Ginny Owens
Who Am I-Casting Crowns
My Father's Crown-Charlie Peacock
Pour Me Out-PFR
Still The Cross -FFH
Be Still, My Soul- Ginny Owens
I Wait For The Sun-PFR
Waterdeep-Don & Lori Chaffer & Hey Ruth
Tea And Sympathy- Jars Of Clay
The Worst Is My Being Alone-Don Chaffer
Refine Me-Jennifer Knapp
Wait For Your Rain- Todd Agnew
She Stumbles Through The Door-Sarah Masen
Save Me- Kevin Max
I'm Afraid That I'm Not Supposed To Be Like This- Waterdeep
Rain All Day-Flemming & John
Love's As Strong As Death (from "Canticle of the Plains)- lead vocal by Kevin Smith
Undone-MercyMe
Constant-Out Of The Grey
Missing Love-PFR
Fight-PFR
Damaged -Plumb
The Chasing Song -Andrew Peterson
Phobic- Plumb
You Say-Vertical Horizon
The Mountain-Steven Curtis Chapman
Hold On-Sarah McLachlan
Dare You To Move-Switchfoot

Each one is significant to this theme of restoration I'm exploring.


It's going to snow tonight and I can't wait!

Now that I have that out of my system...

As I continue to reflect on the idea that Christ came not just to rescue me from sin, but to restore me, I have a feeling I'm about to go on an amazing journey. I find myself experiencing things I've never experienced before: a new eloquence when I speak about my walk with Christ, and a new confidence in who I am. I'm cherishing experiences more, I'm loving my friends even more than before, I'm understanding why I feel the way that I do. Because God designed me that way.

Sin has ravaged our bodies, our hearts. The fall didn't just create a gap between us and God, it broke our hearts. When sin entered the world, everything changed. And the fall has broken my spirit. My own sin has destroyed my soul.

You see, I thought it was just me that felt inadequate. That felt unsure, shameful, guilty, not good enough. I thought I was the only one longing for someone to chase after me, catch me, and love me. Sin has brought all these feelings upon us. Not just me. These are the feelings God wants to restore. He wants to lead me to a place of joy and love, and out of this place of despair.

Healing an injury is usually a big inconvenience. We want so badly to be the way we were, sometimes we try too soon to go on as usual. And in the process, we re-injure it, having to start all over. His restoration of our souls should be treated the same way. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him

I have a feeling there will be much more on this topic... For now, I leave you with lyrics from song #3 on my list:

Look at my heart again/Look at the mess I've got it in
I'm trying to trust in You/To know that you'll see me through
Through my pride/Through my shame/Into Your love /Into Your grace
I'm not looking back/Till I see Your face/And I'm running straight to You
Because all I really want to do is to fall into
The emptiness that is the space in-between us/To break this division
All I really want to do is to fall into
The emptiness that is the space in-between us
Erase it and bring us together again

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dichotomy of Country Music

for what is small is not at all