The 'Stuff' of My Stuff

The 3rd of January Reflection '11

Stuff: Do you like stuff? What stuff do you have that you could do without? Is your stuff well used? Organized? Burdensome?

I like stuff entirely too much. What I hate is the stuff I can put into a spot, so it lays around until I can figure out where it "belongs". This is usually office 'stuff.' I have a ridiculous weakness for beautiful journals and have far too many empty ones. I love all things paper related, including notepads, notebooks, folder, pretty binders, magazine files and such.

The stuff I could do without is a bizarre compilation of dishes I've acquired over the years. I like too many different kinds, so I had the worst time settling on one type. I resorted to collecting bowls so that I ended up with several that didn't match but that were fun to have around. Alas, they took up too much space in my new kitchen, and I have limited cabinet space in my new home. So most of these bowls and dishes were recently donated. I still, however, have my grandmother's every dishes tucked away in my buffet, along with some random glasses her daughter (my aunt Janice) recently sent me. One day I hope to find the perfect curio cabinet to display them. Any ideas? Someting not too big, modern, black or walnut would be good.

Most of my 'stuff' is well used. This is mainly due to, until recently, always living in a pretty small space on a VERY limited budget. I'm not too much of a pack rat - and my rule (typically) is that if I haven't used it in 3 years, it's time to go.

The stuff in my life I find burdensome is the emotional stuff. The stuff I can't truly throw away. The stuff that stay in the dusty parts of my mind and the corner of my heart. The stuff of sin that weighs me down and all too often keeps me from rejoicing in the perfectly fit yoke Christ has given me. It is not organized stuff, but it most certainly does feel heavy.

 

Posted via email from stephanienels's posterous

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dichotomy of Country Music

for what is small is not at all