Best News I've Heard All Year




A $10 million fine was handed down to Topeka's own Fred Phelps and his ignorant, obnoxious, makes-me-sick-to-my-stomach "congregation". From the article in the Baltimore Sun:

[Judge] Bennett affirmed the jury's verdict in favor of Snyder's father, who sued the church for emotional distress and invasion of his family's privacy after Westboro Baptist Church members waved signs decrying homosexuality at his son's funeral in March 2006. But the judge also reduced the $10.9 million award announced in October to $5 million, noting constitutional concerns of appropriateness. He held up the jury's compensatory damage award of $2.9 million but reduced the total punitive damages to $2.1.

Read the rest of the story here.

This just makes my whole decade.

HT to David.

Comments

kc bob said…
Is Topeka in Nebraska.. I'm sure that this guy can't be a Kansan :(

We Kansans disowned Fred a long time ago!
Anonymous said…
Wow. That's the best news I've heard all year. Seriously.

Popular posts from this blog

The Dichotomy of Country Music

for what is small is not at all