Six Songs of Me


Guardian Music is doing a fun prohject? Heard of it? It's called :Six Songs of Me"

1. What was the first song you ever bought?
I’m not entirely sure, but I think it may have the Pet Shop Boy's song "West End Girls". Probably only cassette single, for .99. 

2. What song always gets you dancing?
"What Would You Say" by Dave Matthews. This was the first song I ever heard by them, before they got really big. I have memories of chancing to it in line in the cafeteria in college. Always gets me grooving. At the time, there was no sound like it.

3. What song takes you back to your childhood?
"Mony, Mony" by Billy Idol. This song has a particularly funny memory for me. My brother had made it to State Track, so my mom, my best friend from elementary school and her mom all drove down to see him compete. On the way to Lincoln, this song came on the radio and Diann, my best friend’s mom, starting singing at the top of her lungs and dancing in her seat. The problem was, she thought the words were “Bony, Bony"

4. What is your perfect love song?
"With or Without You" by U2. For me, this song works on two levels, aside from being a beautiful love song, there are many illusions to Jesus on the cross. That’s the real love story.

5. What song would you want at your funeral?
 Speaking of love songs… I chose “Jesus Paid it All” by Kristian Stanfill version (I don’t care for the original tune). I want everyone at my funeral to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. This song tells it.

6. Time for the encore. One last song that makes you, you.
I think in many ways, this is the song that may change for us over the years, as we go through different seasons of life. I chose "Sigh No More" by Mumford and Sons, because the lyrics are beautiful and the music is haunting. "Love that will not betray you // dismay or enslave you // It will set you free" - this is the love of Christ.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dichotomy of Country Music

for what is small is not at all