"he caused waters to flow" - a project



When I lived in St. Louis, I grew very tired of the rain. The humidity I could deal with, (sort of) having grown up in the mid-west. It's never pleasant, but it is simply part of living there. But the rain in St. Louis? But the time I graduated I was over it.

God has a great sense of humor; because of course after that experience with the rain he put me in the desert. It's been here that I've realized just how much I am emotionally affected by the physically environment around me. Some of what I’m experiencing right now – inside – I’m sure is due to my season of life and the calling I’ve received in my vocation. As these two aspects of my life collide, I find myself in fear of remaining “in the desert” so to speak – in a place of dry bones, of a dry heart and a dry soul.

So I am beginning a new writing project that I hope will inspire me and turn me from the desert growing inside my restless soul. I’m calling it the “he caused waters to flow” project. While it doesn’t exactly trip off the tongue, I’m basing in on Psalm 78:16 which reads “He made streams come out of the rock and caused waters to flow down like rivers.” (ESV) What I love about Psalm 78 is how is recounts all the ways God is faithful to his people. That will be a big part of this project, without a doubt, but it will also be about focusing on the water in our lives, not the dryness. I will be looking for uncommon things that are balm for my soul, that quench my thirst, and inspire me to follow a God who is always faithful, even when I am not.

Here’s how it will work: I will do my best to post at least twice a week throughout the rest of the summer on the things that are helping me seeing how he is making the water flow in my life. You, reader, are welcome to join in whatever fashion you’d like. Feel free to use the image I’ve created as part of your post, and please link back to the original post so that perhaps your own readers will like to join in as well. I will also do an evaluation at the end of the project on how God has transformed my heart. (I believe he will transform instead of just hoping!) In the word of a great writer and blogger, Leigh Kramer, “I am beyond tired of running into the same wall. I am tired of the hours and, sometimes, days that catch me not living like the woman God created me to be.” So I am doing what i can to change that. I'd love for you to join me.

Comments

kc bob said…
Hoping you get soaked this summer. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

The Dichotomy of Country Music

for what is small is not at all