Stranger Than Fiction

Stranger Than Fiction is fun and quirky with a little bit of heart and a little bit of strangeness.

But hey, I like quirky.

Will Ferrell and Maggie Gyllenhaal are an unlikely on screen pairing but I was completely won over by their bizarre scene where the "meet cute" plays out.

Some critics criticized the movie for having the wrong ending. I completely disagree. Yes, ending it the way they did made it more "typical Hollywood" but it also allowed for you to remember that selfishness can only be conquered by unselfishness. Which is a lesson everyone needs to be reminded of. This is a movie definitely worth renting.

Comments

Scott said…
I loved this movie...very unique and clever, and, I thought, redemptive.
stephanie said…
"redemptive" - excellent choice of words, as always, Scott.

Popular posts from this blog

The Dichotomy of Country Music

for what is small is not at all