Songs about the Holy Spirit

Blech.

What is it about this topic that every song written about it makes me want to plug my ears? This is the thrid time in three pastors I've had to deal with this topic in worship. And all the songs out there are terrible. Yuck.
Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I feel as though I keep up with all the newest stuff and doing this job for the last 5 years has made me very familiar with the older stuff. Still... nothing.

Is it the songwriters' inability to understanding the HS properly? Is it that most have a hard time understanding the HS's role so everyone is afaid to even try to write a song about it? Or is it that all songs written about it musically seem cheesy? It's so frustrating.

I'm just whining. It comes quite naturally to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dichotomy of Country Music

for what is small is not at all