I admit it...

I watch American Idol.

There is something about watching a bunch of people who think they can sing try and fail. And try and succeed. I just can't not watch. It's weird, but I just love it.

Yes, my IQ probably drops each time I watch it, but since I don't watch much TV anyway, I consider it my guilty pleasure. It may not be one I'm proud of, but nevertheless it's my vice. Listening to good songs get butchered and bad singers gain notoriety just for being bad. That can't be a good thing, can it?

I do, however, hating watching the audition process. The people who are so bad and think they are good on just simply being made fun of by the producers and I take issue with that. It's really sad to watch someone of them, how bad they are and how stupid they make themselves look. (And honestly, there is something really wrong with Paula Abdul judging people's ability to sing.)

May I reveal my favorite? Well, that's tough, because they are all even matched this year (not in greatness, but in a level of above-average mediocrity that's not so bad.) But for some reason, I just can't help but not love this guy:





I'm a sucker for the underdog and how can you not appreciate a guy who never misses a note and is deaf in one ear?

There is one other contestant that defies all that American Idol stands for and that is Taylor.



I seriously don't know what it is about him, but when he performs, I can't take my eyes off the stage. There's just something about him that inexplicable. Besides his awesomely bad fashion taste, his voice is lovely and unique and makes me smile.

I will also admit that I don't usually care who wins. It's just fun to watch the competition. (And watch them fall on their face.) Hee.

What I'm listening to: Josh Groban's Closer (And I'm melting into a puddle of goo.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dichotomy of Country Music

for what is small is not at all