Christmas is Nuts

What I'm listening to: James Taylor Live, Disc 2

So, to only have three family Christmas events to attend isn't so bad. I'm fortunate to have any family at all to spend the holidays with. On my dad's side, I have lots of cousins about the same age and they all had babies in the last 3-4 years. So, this year (in which the most recent 4 were born) that Christmas was a little nutty. Not everyone could come, but there were still 6 children under the age of three in one house. 7 more children (under the age of 8) are part of our family.

That. is. nuts. If my grandparents were still alive, they would boast 13 great-grandchildren. All under the age of 8. Nuts.

As one of the three cousins who don't have kids yet, it's great practice in case I ever do.

And once again, we did not have a white Christmas. I'm was really holding out for one this year. It's snowed quite a bit, but we've also had 40-50 degree weather. So all the snow is melted. For at least the 5th year in a row there was nothing but dead grass and empty tree limbs to look at through the window.

For some reason having snow on Christmas takes me back to my childhood. I needed that this year. I wanted to remember snow ice-cream, snow clinging to my back after making angels, snowball fights with my brothers, snowmen so tall I had to stand on my radio flyer to put his hat on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dichotomy of Country Music

for what is small is not at all